Anyone knows that the nutritional value of an egg. The high protein value is provided by eggs. There are a number of ways which can prepare eggs for eating. Some like to boil the egg and eat with salt and pepper. Some are like to eat eggs preparing as an omelet. No matter the method you like, you all can try this method also.
Ramen Eggs are delicious as topping on ramen or enjoyed as a snack. Let see to learn how to make this flavorful soft boiled eggs recipe at home.
What do you want?
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp of mirin
- 3-6 Tbsp of water
For this recipe, you have to use only ‘large’ size eggs. Other ones will work but you’ll have to adjust cooking times for them. ‘Large’ means a specific size rated by the USDA which means the eggs weigh about 24 ounces per dozen. Here’s the rest of the USDA sizes to take an idea to you.
- Small means 18 ounces
- Medium means 21 ounces
- Large means 24 ounces
- Extra-Large means 27 ounces
- Jumbo means 30 ounces
|Calories 83||Calories from Fat 36|
|% Daily Value*|
|Saturated Fat 1g||6%|
|Vitamin A 240IU||5%|
Instructions for making ramen egg
- Firstly Gather all ingredients. With this recipe, you can use up to 4-6 eggs.
- Then add soy sauce, mirin and water in a plastic bowl. Then mix them and set aside.
- Put some water into a boil in a medium saucepan. Then you should add water to cover the eggs.
- When boiling, take the eggs and carefully submerge the eggs into water with a skimmer.
- After that reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook the eggs for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, take out the eggs and soak in an ice bath to stop them from cooking. Let them cool for 5 minutes.
- The soft boiled eggs are not hardened so then peel the eggs.
- Keep the eggs in the sauce bag and close tightly. Then eggs should be submerged in the marinade. Let them marinate overnight to up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- Take out the eggs and then cut in half to serve. Enjoy the eggs by themselves or use them as a ramen topping.
You can keep eggs in the refrigerator all the time. If your eggs are soft- boiled, you can enjoy the eggs within 4 days. If your eggs are hard-boiled, you can keep eggs at your refrigeration for up to one week.