Japanese Cucumber Salad
Japanese cucumber salad is called Kyuri no Sunomono in Japanese is a very light, refreshing and delicious side dish. It is a healthy dish consisting of thinly Wakame and sliced cucumber.
- 2 medium cucumbers or 1 large English cucumber
- ¼ cup of rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds, toasted
which cucumber to use?
The main ingredients of Japanese cucumber salad are wakame seaweed, cucumber, and vinegar. This is the most suitable recipe for enjoying the crunchiness and refreshing-ness of cucumbers. In here you have to select the right cucumber.
How to make Japanese cucumber salad.
- Firstly peel cucumbers to leave alternating green stripes. Then slice the cucumbers in half lengthwise. And also then scrape the seeds out with a spoon. Then you have to cut them into very thin slices using a food processor or sharp knife. After that place in a double layer of paper towel and after that squeeze gently to remove any excess moisture.
- Combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a medium bowl, stirring to dissolve. Then add the cucumbers and sesame seeds toss well to combine. Serve immediately.
|total fat||2.3 g|
|IU vitamin a iu||72|
|vitamin c||3 mg|
|added sugar||1 g|
Health Benefits of Eating Cucumber
- Cucumbers are low in calories but high in many important vitamins and minerals.
- Cucumbers are composed of about high amount of water, which may increase hydration and support you meet your daily fluid needs.
- Cucumbers contain antioxidants, including tannins and flavonoids, which prevent the accumulation of harmful free radicals and may decrease the risk of chronic disease.
- Cucumbers are very low in calories. On the other hand high in water and can be used as a low-calorie topping for many dishes. All of these help for weight loss.
- As a result of most of the tests related to this food show that cucumber supports to lower blood sugar and prevent diabetes.
- Cucumbers contain a good amount of water and fiber, Those are helping to prevent constipation and increase regularity.
- Cucumbers can be eaten pickled or fresh. They can be enjoyed as a low-calorie snack or used to add flavor in a variety of dishes.
Now you have a clear idea about Japanese cucumber salad. Not only it’s taste, but also the many benefits you can take by this salad. If you try to prepare this at your kitchen, You can contribute to making a most healthy family and happiness.