How to Make Marshmallows
Marshmallows are a healthy food that includes low calories. When thinking about the taste, most of the time marshmallows comes to our mind first. Marshmallows look like sugary, powdery, sweet and squishy. When we feel the smell of marshmallows, we feel it has cream on it. There are a number of ingredients are used to prepare this amazing food such as 2 cups sugar, ¼ cup water, 11/2 TSP vanilla extract, ½ TSP salt, ½ cup glucose syrup, colouring 2 TBSP gelatin (20g), ½ cup water ( to dissolve gelatin. The marshmallow tastes sweet, gummy, sticky, yummy and delicious. Lots of children are like to eat this sweet.
If you are unhappy about your weight, eating a marshmallow is the best way to satisfy your sweet tooth that won’t do too much damage to your waistline.
And also, this sweet can be prepared at home very easily within a small time period. This is more suitable for your tea time and your children will definitely love it.
History of marshmallows.
At about 2000 year ago, ancient Egyptians has prepared this food as a sweet for their Gods. After that, it is prepared most of the countries as a sweet. When today, marshmallows became a famous food.
Benefits of marshmallows
This is a food that not included any nutrition and any oil. But you can add this food to your meal as a beneficiary food when you want to reduce your weight. Sometimes cookers try this food with potatoes because this food can take with many vegetables.
Lifetime of marshmallows
We can store this food for a long time. If we store the food without But it can’t store wh months. As well as if we open the bag, we can store the marshmallows only for 4 months or less than 4 months.
The best way to store marshmallows.
The best way for store marshmallows is a cover or tin which does not open for air. But it is not want to pun in a refrigerator. Special tricks to prepare marshmallows. We can prepare this food including vegetables and fruits. it will be a special option to add more nutrition to your day to day life.
Allergies and Interactions of marshmallows.
It is very rare to see allergies and interactions due to marshmallows. But if you face any problem related to gelatin, you have to be careful of that. If occur any problem like hives, itchiness, swelling, shortness of breath or any other problem, you should meet a doctor’s advice.
Let’s see how can we prepare this food.
Making Basic Marshmallows
- Mix the gelatin with ½ cup (120 millilitres) of water.- Put three spoons of gelatin into the bucket and take the electric mixer to mix both. Then add 120 millilitres of cold water. Put the mixer another side about 10 minutes to bloom further.
- When bloomed the mixture, you should ready sugar and corn syrup mixture.
- Then cook sugar, corn syrup and salt adding water also. then take a saucepan and add 1/2 cup of water into it.
- Cook the rest of the water with the sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Pour the remaining ½ cup of water into a small saucepan. After that beat granulated sugar, corn syrup and salt. Cook the mixture at about 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Cook the sugar water to 115°C. Remove the lid from the saucepan and clip a candy thermometer to the side. Allow the sugar water to cook until it reaches 115°C. This will take about 7 to 8 minutes. As soon as it reaches 115°C, remove the saucepan from the stove.
- Slowly mix the sugar water with the gelatin. Add the whisks to your mixer. Then reduce the speed and add the sugar water on it.
- Whip the mixture together. Once you have used up all of the sugar water, turn the speed on your mixer is high and wait for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add in the flavours. Mix everything together well. If you like vanilla, chocolate, strawberry or any other flavour, you can add it now.
- Dust a baking pan with powdered sugar and cornstarch. Mix together ¼ cup of powdered sugar and ¼ cup of cornstarch. Spread the mixture across the bottom and sides of a greased, 9 by 9-inch square baking pan.
- Spread the mixture across the bottom of the pan. Use a rubber spatula to spread the mixture from side to side.
- Let the marshmallows sit for at least 4 hours before cutting them. To cut the marshmallows, you should take it a minimum 4 hours to fix the mixture. After that, you can cut the marshmallows into separate pieces. You can use a sharp knife or a cutter to cut it.
How to Store Marshmallows
- Put marshmallows in a plastic bag right after you cut them up and dust with powdered sugar, If not they can get dried out. If you put them in chocolate, I suggest you keep them in the fridge to keep the chocolate really hard.
- If you’re storing marshmallows for more than two days, I suggest putting them in the fridge.
- Marshmallows are really like alcohol. You can try this recipe on your weekends. And also you can take this with tea time. The most important thing is you can make this food in your home. Then you have a trust that there is no bad ingredient is included. However, this is a fantastic food for all who can eat without any doubt. I invite you to try this and take an amazing experience.
This amazing food has a big demand for children as well as elders. We can see this food at most of the special occasions in these days. The main reason for that is many people like its taste and soft nature. However, you can make this food at your kitchen within a very small time period.