Cupcake is tasty and famous food in the world. The number of calories in homemade cupcakes based on how much batter you are making and how many cupcakes you are making.
When you prepare cupcake at home the calories of it will vary depending on the recipe you select and how much frosting you add to your cupcake. One of the biggest factors in determining how many calories are in your cupcake is whether you use frosting and how much you used.
- 110g of softened butter
- 110g of golden caster sugar
- 110g of self-raising flour
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
For the buttercream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 300g of icing sugar
- 3 tbsp of milk
- 150g of softened butter
- food colouring paste according to your choice.
Steps to make cupcake
- Firstly heat your oven to 180C fan 4 and fill a 12 cupcake tray with cases.
- Than taking 110g of softened butter and 110g golden caster sugar together until pale and fluffy then whisk in 2 large eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Now add ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract with 110g of self-raising flour and a pinch of salt, whisk until just combined then spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases.
- After that bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle of each cake comes out clean. Leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Then prepare the buttercream. Whisk 150g softened butter until super soft then add 300g of icing sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk together until smooth and then beat in three tablespoon milk.
- Finally, stir in the food colouring now if you want to add colours. Then spoon or pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.
Most of the time, no one considers the healthy importance of cupcakes. Actually it is difficult to find how many calories are included in a cupcake. It is depending on if it is homemade or from a bakery.
However, the total calories in the cupcake are important. If you prepare a cupcake at your home you can prepare as it provides high calories. If it is from the bakery, there is some amount of nutrients are included in it.
Among the other nutritional factors, the type of calorie is the most important thing. Cupcakes are high in sugar and saturated fat. So two nutrients that should be obtained in moderation. Women should stay under 24g of added sugar for a day and men should aim for less than 36g for one day. Added sugar is any sugar that is not found naturally in foods. Cupcakes can be prepared with little milk. but the rest of the sugar in cupcakes is added by sugar.
Ingredients are important too and can vary greatly depending on how a cupcake is made. It means the nutritional level of the cupcake is depends on the ingredients list and the fewer the ingredients.
Healthier Cupcake Options
Homemade cupcakes are the healthiest cupcakes. You can control the portion size and ingredients. But, we do not always have time to prepare cupcakes for your special occasions.
You don’t need to feel guilty for eating a cupcake or fear about the calories. But it may be useful to know there is a lot of variation in calories between different types of cupcakes depending on how you make them or where you get them.
Preparing a cupcake is a very easy and quick task. So you can prepare cupcakes for your tea time. And also you can prepare this for your parties and family special occasions. And also you can visit neighbours with homemade cupcakes. It is important to know how to prepare cupcakes. Not only the taste but also you can add huge nutritional value also.