The word “coleslaw” is coming from the Dutch word “koolsla”, “kool” meaning cabbage and “sla” meaning salad or lettuce. The word entered to the English language from the Dutch in New York in the latter part of the 1700s. Since then it has been a famous food at every picnic and barbecue in America.
Homemade coleslaw is a very demanded recipe nowadays. This coleslaw is easy and quick to make. Easy ColeSlaw is also known as Coleslaw. And also, this is made using vegetables so you all can get big nutrition from this food. In just 5 minutes, this is the ultimate side dish because it can be used in the next day. The main important thing is you can prepare this food for your breakfast. I know you all are very busy in the morning if you are an employee. So this food will be highly matching for your lifestyle.
You can use green cabbage, red cabbage, savoy cabbage and Napa cabbage. And you can use a combination of anything from above when you make coleslaw. If you use green and red cabbage combination, It will be a reason to make a beautiful coleslaw.
- 1 medium cabbage
- 3 medium carrots
- 1/2 cup of loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 170 grams of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
The method of making coleslaw
- Firstly find a small bowl and add the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar and honey into it. If needed, you can add some salt as per the taste of it.
- Place shredded coleslaw mix in a large bowl
- Then pour the dressing mixture over.
- And then you have to just toss to evenly coat. I like to serve it right away while the cabbage is crisp and nice but if want it a little more tender let it rest 10 minutes in the fridge.
- Now you can add other mix-ins to the coleslaw things such as an app, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, Bleu cheese, Poppy Seeds and fresh strawberries.
How to Cut the Cabbage for Coleslaw?
Whatever the type of cabbage you select, the method of preparing them is definitely the same.
- Remove any damaged outer leaves.
- Cut the cabbage into four parts, and then cut out the core.
- Slice the cabbage parts into thin shreds. You can use a knife
What Should I Serve with It?
Coleslaw is matched well with just about anything. Especially any type of meat is highly matching with this. Some people like to eat this food for an easy dinner. And also try to make pulled chicken sandwiches by using coleslaw.
- Take a few chicken breasts to a slow cooker
- Adding about 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- Season chicken with onion powder and salt pepper garlic powder.
- Cook on low until cooked about 5 hours
- Then drain, shred then mix in some of your favourite bbq sauce to coat.
- Finally, serve in fresh bakery hamburger buns.
|Calories 240||Calories from Fat 189|
|% Daily Value*|
|Saturated Fat 3g||19%|
|Vitamin A 115IU||2%|
|Vitamin C 36.3mg||44%|
Five health benefits of cabbage and a coleslaw recipe
- Cabbage juice can be a miracle healer for the GI tract
- Cabbage can fight breast cancer
- Cabbage is the best source of vitamin K.
- Cabbage contains antioxidants.
- Cabbage contains essential fatty acids.
Finally, you have an idea about what is coleslaw, how to make, nutrition of coleslaw and health benefits of coleslaw. Your attention on here will give a better thing to you and your family members. So you can try on this and add some flavours on this according to your taste. However, I can suggest you this food due to anyone can make this quick.