Acar Vegetable Pickle
Acar is a type of vegetable pickle which introduced by Malaysia, Indonesia,Brunei and Singapore. This food can be explained as a sweet and store for 7 days by using a refrigerator. Preparing pickle has a big history. In 2400 BCE India has prepared a pickle for the first time. Acar rampai is almost an essential component of Malay weddings.
This food is included in a number of vegetables. If you are a work in an office and you don’t have time to add fresh vegetables to your meals, This is the food prepared by you. The reason for that is there are a number of nutrients are included in the Car. This is a magic food for your family to find out all the nutrients which you have missed. As a person who thinks about family happiness, you should give your attention to this and you will definitely make this.
Steps to make Acar
- Firstly get the cucumber and don’t remove the skin of them. Then cut those into long strips.
- Then cut carrots into strips.
- Cut long beans into long parts.
- Wash cabbage in properly and cut into big pieces.
- Then remove the skin and cut pineapple into small pieces.
- Then put a water pot in your cooker and cook vegetables properly.
- Then take another saucepan and add some coconut oil when it dry.
- When dry the oil also, add ground red and dried chillies into it.
- Then add garlic, fresh turmeric, coriander seeds and shrimp paste into the cooker.
- Then take vegetable parts which you cut previous and swab them using a cotton cloth.
- When the mixture is turned into a dark colour, you have to add cut vegetables into it.
- After 5 minutes you have to add some roasted peanuts into it.
- After 20 minutes, you have to take off your cooker and put the mixture into another cup.
- Then put the cup in your refrigerator for overnight.
- Then the next day you can get the cup out from the refrigerator and mix them again.
- Finally, add some white sesame seeds on the mixture.
- Now you can add sugar according to your taste.
|White sesame seed||100g|
|Salt||1 1/2 of tbsp|
- 10 shallots (short variety)
- 1½” galangal (blue ginger root)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only
- 4 Fresno chillies (reseed half for mildly spicy pickle)
- 6 candlenuts
- ½ tsp of belacan , shrimp paste in block form (optional)
- 3 tbs oil
- 2-3 tbs of white vinegar
- 7-8 tbs of brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- ¾- 1 cup of unsalted roasted peanuts, roughly ground
- ¼ cup of sesame seeds
|Calories||339 calories from Fat 216|
|% Daily value|
|Fat – 24g||37%|
|Saturated fat – 2g||13%|
|Sodium – 91mg||4%|
|Potassium – 898mg||26%|
|Carbohydrates – 26g||9%|
|Fiber – 6g||25%|
|Sugar – 12g||13%|
|Protein – 8g||16%|
|Vitamin A – 3660 IU||73%|
|Vitamin C – 217.2mg||263%|
|Calcium – 83mg||8%|
|Iron – 2.6mg||14%|
However, Acar is a tasty food which can be used as curry as well as a sweet. According to the country, it can be decided as a curry or sweet. However, this is a high nutritional food which can be eaten anyone without considering their age limits. And also its appearance is also a good look for all. When seeing the food, it is thought anyone to eat this food.